If you live in Georgia and have a mortgage foreclosure, the best place to understand where to get legal help for a loan modification (especially if denied) is the Office of Attorney General Chris Carr!
Find out what programs or assistance your state offers.
In the state of Georgia, there are several options available to homeowners in a foreclosure situation:
Here are some tips from the Office of Attorney General “Chris Carr” taken from their website.
- Contact your lender or servicer and make arrangements to cure the default. Usually, this means making a cash payment to bring the loan current.
- Contact your lender or servicer and make arrangements for a “short sale.”
- Contact your lender or servicer and make arrangements for a “deed in lieu of foreclosure.”
- Consult a private attorney to see if a bankruptcy petition is advisable.
- Consult a private attorney to see if there are legal grounds to seek a restraining order.
The most important thing that you can do is to educate yourself.
If you want to learn more about solutions for challenging if the mortgage lender holds enforceable security interest to collect mortgage payments.
Facing Foreclosure, Upside Down Mortgage, Loan Modification Denied, Can’t Afford Mortgage Payments??
Please get the Mortgage Cancellation Secrets Forms for more information.